- Join a dynamic, forward thinking team
- Work with the community to create inclusive sport, leisure and recreation outcomes
- Permanent part time
Banyule City Council is an award-winning organisation that prides itself on a customer-focused culture of innovation, best practice and continuous improvement. Our 1000 plus employees uphold an enviable reputation for customer service and work diligently to maintain high quality services to provide the best possible opportunities and outcomes for the community we represent.
The Leisure, Recreation and Cultural Services Department is seeking an experience professional to work with associations and clubs to build strong connected sports and leisure communities that can deliver and promote opportunities for participation and involvement.
- Be responsible for assessing the Sport and Leisure Grants
- Identify sporting club’s development needs to build their capacity and support their success in club membership, participation and community satisfaction
- Develop and deliver a range of digital marketing and communications strategies that promotes, educates and engages the local community and sports community about upcoming events
- Research, design and implement ways to engage disadvantaged communities and under-represented groups in sport and leisure
To be successful you will need
- Experience in contributing to and working in an effective team environment
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience in Sport and recreation
- Proven experience in the planning and delivery of sports and leisure programs
- Sound stakeholder engagement with ability to generate participation and involvement
- A sound knowledge and experience in the development and management of business social media sites and forums
- Current working with Children’s check
- Available to work out of hours and weekend work at various times across the year
- Salary range $70,934.90 to $82,175.74 pro rata plus super
- Permanent part time, 32 hours per week
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities, including health and wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible work arrangements
- Office location - Greensborough
Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Christina Grayland Sports & Leisure Team Leader Tel: 9457 9813 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Monday 21 June 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.