- Permanent full time role
- Support team environment
Finance & Procurement provides the accounting, budgeting, financial statements preparation, internal financial system audit, revenue collection, procurement, payroll and accounts payable functions within Council.
As Senior Finance Systems Specialist you will:
- Manage and maintain Council’s financial performance system, MagiQ
- Lead in the provision of high-quality, accurate and timely financial information to users – such as Budgets, Monthly Reporting, Payroll and EFT reporting, Financial Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting, VAGO ratios; KPI reporting, and Annual Financial Reporting (including LGPRF)
- Project lead in delivering continuous improvement of the financial systems
- Undertake regular financial data analysis and audits using ACL Analytics software
- Provide advice in relation to budget preparation, costing and forecasting, internal reporting and performance analysis
- High proficiency in the use of computer systems and databases
- Experience working with Authority, MagiQ and ACL advantageous
- Leadership skills including the ability to effectively manage the performance and development of staff
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, especially in providing advice on complex financial issues
- Demonstrated ability to produce and analyse financial reports
- Ability to understand and consistently maintain a large and structured database and Chart of Accounts
- Demonstrated experience in providing business partnering services
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting/ Finance, and completed or working towards a CA or CPA
- Salary range $96,444.07 - $107,598.98 plus 10 % super
- Permanent full-time position 38 hours per week plus RDO
- Ongoing learning and individual development opportunities, including health and wellbeing initiatives
- Supportive team environment
- Greensborough location close to cafes, shops and public transport
Culture: Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, to contact Michael Fan, Financial Performance & Planning Coordinator, Tel: 03 9490 4325 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Sunday 25 July 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.