Banyule City Council is an award-winning organisation that prides itself on a customer-focused culture of innovation, best practice and continuous improvement.
The Delivery and Asset Department is responsible for providing a range of services including development of Councils asset management policy, strategy and plans and the development of the capital works program.
As the Assets Engineer you will
- Support the "Delivery & Assets" Team with project delivery, budgets, programming, reporting, systems and maintenance.
- Provide support to other departments and residents/customers with advice in relation to Assets and Infrastructure Maintenance issues.
- Provide support with the implementation of Council’s Infrastructure Assets Management Plans, Road Management Plan and infrastructure maintenance within the municipality.
- Prove support to the Asset Protection Team, developing systems/processes and reporting mechanisms on Council’s Customer Request System.
What we are looking for
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering
- Knowledge and skills in Asset Management and Engineering principles
- Experience in developing and implementing Council wide capital works programs
- Experience in condition and inventory data collection and uploading into Asset Management Systems
- Experience in construction and maintenance of infrastructure assets
- High level of oral and written communication skills
What we can offer
- $86,182.74 to $93,696.04 plus 10% super
- Temporary full-time role plus monthly RDO
- September 2021 to September 2022
- Ongoing learning and individual development opportunities, including health and wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible work arrangements
- Supportive team environment
Culture: Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Senavi Abeykoon Tel; 9455 8821 a confidential conversation.
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Monday 2 August 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.