Community Wellbeing Lead - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Community Wellbeing Lead
- Salary - $89K - $100K + Super
- 0.8 fte permanent role
- Flexible and family friendly environment
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is the time to be involved in Morelands Municipal Health and Wellbeing Planning which for the 2021 -2025 plan, will be integrated in to our Council Plan. The role is integral to supporting the development, implementation and evaluation of the Health and wellbeing aspects but will work alongside our Corporate Planning team to ensure alignment and collaboration across all areas. Alongside the internal work, this role will provide advice and support to external partners to improve long term health and wellbeing outcomes for the Moreland community. This position reports directly to the Community Wellbeing Manager with a very collaborative and community led approach
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders and effectively partnering to influence decision-making
- Tertiary qualification and relevant experience in Public Health or a related field
- Experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of health and wellbeing programs
- Experience developing strong relationships with a range of stakeholders to achieve shared objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a professional and supportive executive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Wellness programs
- AND a fun and innovative work environment!
For further information please contact Bernadette Hetherington – Manager Community Well-being on 9240 2463.
Applications close: 5.00 pm, 19 April 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 19 Apr 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $89K - $100K + Super
- Work Type:
- Part Time