Maternal & Child Health Nurse - Casual
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Maternal & Child Health Nurse - Casual
- Casual Positions
- Salary - Casual $62.37ph + 25% loading + Qualification allowance + Super
- Locations - MCH Centres
- Supportive team environment
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a rare opportunity to join the Moreland City Council’s dynamic, innovative and passionate Maternal and Child Health & Immunisation Team. Moreland City Council is an outwardly focussed, modern and progressive council.
We are highly committed to innovative practice. The council provides excellent employment conditions and offers flexibility to meet staff needs to achieve work/life balance. Our people and community are the heart of all that we do and ensuring that our staff work in safe and supportive workplace is a high priority to us.
We seek Permanent / Casual Maternal and Child Health Nurses to join our team.
- Be responsible for providing a high quality, family-centred health care service that promotes and protects the health of families with children 0 - 5 years in the municipality.
- Showcase your ability to work in a team to solve problems and achieve outcomes in a constructive and co-operative manner.
- Attend regular Team meetings and planned professional development.
- Enjoy Moreland’s supportive mentoring program for all new staff.
- Be a team player with a strong customer service focus.
To be successful in this role you will have to hold AHPRA registration in General Nursing and Midwifery and hold a Tertiary qualification in Maternal & Child Health.
You will need to provide evidence of your right to work in Australia, copies of your qualifications, and a current Driver Licence & Working with Children Check. You must also be willing to provide a Pre-Employment Health Declaration and undertake a National Police Record Check.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- You will demonstrate your extensive knowledge of current issues in child health, development and behaviour.
- You will provide guidance and advice, support and education on a wide variety of health, parenting and family issues
- You will assess the physical, social and emotional health of children and their families and monitor and promote the healthy growth, development and behaviour of children 0 – 5 years
- You will demonstrate your awareness of state policy directions.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a professional and supportive team.
- Salary sacrifice options.
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development.
- Wellness programs- free gym classes & social club.
For further information please contact Lisa Auchettl - Coordinator MCHN – 9240 1220 or Roslyn Monagle Coordinator MCH 9240 2212.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 20 June 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Drivers Licence and WWCC. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 20 Jun 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $62.37ph + 25% loading + Qualification allowance + Super
- Work Type: