Transport Strategy Implementation Lead - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Transport Strategy Implementation Lead
- $100K – 112K + Super
- Full-time, Fixed-term position to 30 June 2022
- Monthly RDO
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for a civic minded city planner/engineer who enjoys contact with the community and shaping a liveable city. This person is responsible for delivering Council’s Moreland Integrated Transport Strategy (MITS) which has audacious goals for transport mode shift in our City. This is a critical position in the City Change Branch.
The Transport Strategy Implementation Lead is responsible for delivering MITS. The role has a wide sphere of influence and responsibility in helping to deliver the MITS with the key objective to work collaboratively across Council and with external stakeholders to project manage the delivery of MITS. A key deliverable over the next 12 months will be an update of MITS to reflect recent Council decisions as well as updating Council’s Parking Management Plan.
In addition to the above, your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide periodic reviews of processes and results and recommend changes that may be needed to deliver the MITS.
- Represent the Branch/Organisation at various external forums, including Planning Panels, Advisory Committees, VCAT, etc.
- Provision of timely and accurate strategic transport planning advice as it relates to the Integrated Transport Strategy and submissions to senior management, internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribution to forward planning of the work programs, including identification of need for specific projects as they relate to the Integrated Transport Strategy.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Degree or diploma with several years’ relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications with extensive experience in public policy, transportation planning, urban planning or related field. Transportation planning experience is preferred, with experience/knowledge of transportation demand management, particularly the role of parking in reducing commute trips.
- Demonstrated skills and experience working at a senior level in the development and implementation of land use and development policy, focussing on successful delivery/implementation of land use and development policy and strategy and complex planning scheme amendments.
- Highly developed project management and organisation skills with the proven ability to set priorities, plan project tasks, achieve project objectives within specified timeframes.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and the ability to present to, negotiate and influence effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role each of the three tiers of government play in transport provision
- Demonstrated experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams including internal and external stakeholders, in a consultative manner to reach agreed outcomes and targets.
- Ability to prepare project briefs for consultancy work and project manage the consultancy as required within the approved budgets and timelines.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Lee Dowler, Unit Manager Transport on 9240 1265.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 13 June 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Drivers Licence. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 13 Jun 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $100K – 112K + Super + monthly RDO
- Work Type: