Building Maintenance Essential Services Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Building Maintenance Essential Services Coordinator
- Salary - $89K - $97K + Super (Pro-rata)
- Part-time Permanent role - 0.6 EFT (Flexible 3 days/week)
- Monthly RDO
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Key aspects of this role include:
- Develop and maintain Essential Services programmes for all Council’s Buildings to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Ensure Regulatory Compliance for all Council owned Buildings for all Essential services including Essential Safety Measures (ESM).
- Liaise with the ESM contractors regarding status of Audit works and outstanding services or defects.
- Coordinate Maintenance and Minor Building Works for Council Owned Buildings associated with essential services.
- Manage ESM Operational Budget to achieve goals.
- Manage ‘Test and Tag’ Program and ‘Asbestos’ database for Council Buildings.
The Building Maintenance team at Moreland City Council are transforming as we embark on a journey to become a customer-centric, high performing team, focussed on delivering exceptional value for our organisation. What we are seeking are enthusiastic, driven and innovative people to help us turn our goals into actions.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
The successful candidate will have experience and expertise in:
- Knowledge of Building Essential Services and Essential Safety Measures
- Demonstrated experience in building maintenance essential services
- Demonstrated experience in Contract and Contractor management
To be successful in this role, you are required to have:
- Formal tertiary qualification in a Building or Facility related field
- A Building Survey or Project Management qualification would be considered an advantage.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
- Working with Children Check
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders and effectively partnering to influence decision-making
- In-depth knowledge of relevant legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Wellness programs- free gym classes & social club
For further information please contact Rob Ferrarin on 9240 4311.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 13 June 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Drivers Licence and WWCC. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 13 Jun 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $89K - $97K + Super (Pro-rata)
- Work Type:
- Part Time