Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city Councils
- Salary - $75K to $85K + Super
- Permanent position with access to a Fortnightly RDO
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Payroll Officer to join the Human Resources team. You will be an important part of the team processing fortnightly payroll of approximately 1,200+ employees. This role involves end to end payroll processing for staff and ensuring information processed is in accordance with legislative requirements and Council’s policies and procedures.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Process end to end payroll in a timely manner across a fortnightly cycle
- Administer Masterfile changes e.g.; rate changes, FTE, allowances and deductions
- Processing of new starters and termination paperwork
- Ensure payroll records are accurate and representative of entitlements and conditions
- Review accuracy of timesheet calculations in Time and Attendance
- Investigate and resolve payroll queries in a timely manner
- Ensure all confidentialities are assured in all matters pertaining to Payroll and Personnel
- Demonstrated prior experience in high volume (500+) payroll processing
- Chris21/iChris experience would be an advantage but not necessary
- Proficient computer literacy and ability to learn systems with ease
- The ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines
- The ability to provide a high level of customer service
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy with a focus on numeracy
- The ability to interpret Enterprise Agreement and operate within fast paced environment
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a professional and supportive executive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Sandra Pedro on 9240 2232 or email: email@example.com
Applications close: 5.00 pm, 24 June 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Drivers Licence and WWCC. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 24 Jun 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $75K to $85K + Super
- Work Type:
- Full Time