Local Hero' - Disability Inclusion Program Coordinator
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Local Hero’ - Disability Inclusion Program Coordinator
- 6 month contract
- 3 days per week - $45k p.a.
The Sport4All (S4A) pilot program has been commissioned and funded by the Federal Government to assist sporting clubs and schools to be more accessible and inclusive for people with disability. The program is being delivered by Get Skilled Access (GSA) under the name Sport4All. GSA, founded by Dylan Alcott is a Disability Owned Business Enterprise (DOBE).
S4A is funding a 0.6 EFT position (approx three days a week) within Moreland City Council for 6 months with the opportunity for it to continue based on successful outcomes achieved.
Moreland City Council is a dynamic organisation committed to providing excellence in service delivery. This position will be located in the Moreland Coburg offices (90 Bell St, Coburg).
S4A, partnering with the Moreland City Council, are seeking a suitably qualified, who is self-motivated to fill the ‘Local Hero’ position.
ABOUT THE LOCAL HERO
The ‘Local Hero’ must be a person with disability and/or lived experience who has been involved in sport as a player, volunteer or administrator. The role will be to work within Moreland and alongside Council Officers to engage local sporting clubs and schools in the S4A website, resources and program. They will bring their real-life disability experiences to the clubs and schools which will create a strong linkage with the purpose of S4A and the benefits and opportunities the program can bring. Initial training and on-going development will be provided.
THE LOCAL HERO ROLE INCLUDES
- Working with the recreation, community engagement teams and schools focus youth coordinators in the LGA, to determine the sporting clubs and schools to be invited into the S4A program
- Plan the contact engagement strategy with the council over the course of the pilot program
- Understand and align their work to the broader S4A program outcomes
- Attend program meetings with S4A representative from GSA and the contact person in the recreation team to ensure program outcomes are being met
- Effective stakeholder engagement with sporting clubs and schools to bring them into the program
- Support sporting clubs and schools to work through the program
- Provide mentoring for the local government employees, sporting clubs and schools
LOCAL HERO CAPABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Communication skills in writing, facilitation and public speaking
- Ability to use online platforms and social media
- Ability to create strong relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to engage with grass roots sporting clubs
- Ability to engage with teachers, administrators and school leadership
- Good understanding of the barriers experienced by people with disability in sport
The Local Hero’s will be employed by GSA and will be located within the Moreland council Recreation team. Their management will be through dual reporting to the appointed Unit Manager Recreation and the GSA Sport4All program coordinator.
HOW TO APPLY
If you have the skills, abilities and attitude to take on this position please submit your resume along with a cover letter about why you would love to do this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Wednesday 23 June 2021, 5pm
For any accessibility needs, support or questions about the role or submitting your application, please contact Ben Pettingill, Sport4All coordinator via email at, email@example.com
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 23 Jun 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- 3 days per week - $45k p.a.
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Aged Care/Disability/Personal Care