Team Leader Environmentally Sustainable Development - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Team Leader Environmentally Sustainable Development
- Key leadership role in influencing, promoting and enhancing the built environment to be more sustainable in Moreland
- $100K - $112K + Super + Monthly RDO
- Full-time, Fixed-term 12 month role (maternity leave)
- Exciting change agenda and fantastic team
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for a sustainability or planning professional to lead our dynamic Environmentally Sustainable Development (ESD) Team. Reporting to the Unit Manager Sustainable Built Environment, this is an integral senior position to support the built environment to respond to the climate emergency.
To ensure success, we are seeking a professional with a proven background in delivering sustainable outcomes in the built environment. You will have an ability to collaborate and influence internal and external stakeholders to work towards best practice for environmentally sustainable development outcomes.
You will be well regarded for your ability to motivate and encourage an aspiring team to foster their commitment to ensuring a sustainable built environment and reducing/eliminating road blocks to ensure this can occur. Your leadership will ensure that Moreland’s reputation as a leader in the environmental space of climate mitigation and working towards a water sensitive city are not only maintained, but enhanced, as per the priorities outlined in the Integrated Water Management Strategy, Urban Heat Island Action Plan and the Zero Carbon Moreland 2040 – Climate Emergency Action Plan.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Leading a team small team of environmentally sustainable development professionals
- Provide technical advice on sustainability issues, in particular sustainable design and development of the built environment to Council, community, development industry and built environment consultants.
- Provide ESD technical planning referral advice on internal / external development applications
- Oversight of the Moreland Urban Heat Island Effect (UHIE) Action Plan, including participating in cross-Councils projects relevant to the UHIE.
- Working with the Strategic Planning team, and other Councils to support the development a joint planning scheme amendment to elevate ESD targets for new development to progress towards zero carbon and climate resilience
- Representing Council at key organisational forums including the Council Association for Sustainable Built Environment (CASBE) and Northern Alliance for Greenhouse Action (NAGA)
- Tertiary qualifications in sustainable design, environmental engineering, environmental science or allied disciplines.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills to support a team of environmentally sustainable development professionals
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in application of:
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical advice on sustainability issues, in particular sustainable design and development of the built environment to Council, community, development industry and built environment consultants
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present to and negotiate effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to co-ordinate formal and informal teams with multi-disciplinary skills and expertise to achieve the objectives of the position and wider corporate objectives
- Demonstrated project management skills in project development and implementation, as well as resource management, to ensure delivery of outcomes
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a professional and supportive executive team
- Monthly RDO and Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- A real sense of work-life balance
For further information please contact Victoria Hart on 9240 2476.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 27 June 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Drivers Licence. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 27 Jun 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $100K - $112K + Super + Monthly RDO
- Work Type: