Urban Forestry Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Urban Forestry Officer
- $89 - $97K + Super
- Full time, Fixed term role (till June 2025) with monthly RDO. Part-time & Job-share arrangements will be considered.
- Key strategic and operational role with exciting environmental change agenda, In a progressive Council
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Council has a key role in the Open Space Maintenance Unit, to grow the Urban Forest in the municipality and delivering on commitments of its Urban Forest Strategy 2017-2027. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who has a good knowledge of trees and vegetation combined with sharp and innovative strategic nous, to deliver longer term and sustainable outcomes. The candidate will relish the opportunity to step into a dynamic role, working with an engaged team and enjoy contact with the community.
You are required to have a Degree or Advanced Diploma in Arboriculture (AQF Level 6) or equivalent. Experience in a similar role in local government and expertise in the management of an urban forest would be advantageous.
At Moreland City Council we provide our employees with every opportunity to enjoy a work-life balance, employer-supported study assistance schemes, salary sacrifice and extensive opportunities for training and career development.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Advanced Diploma / Associate Degree in Arboriculture or equivalent qualification (Australian Qualifying Framework Level 6), with demonstrated relevant experience in a similar Urban Forestry role.
- Knowledge of contemporary tree protection measures and their application in planning assessment processes.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and assess trees and larger vegetation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders and effectively partnering to influence decision-making
- Excellent written and verbal communication
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Wellness programs- free gym classes & social club
For further information please contact Mark Corea on 03 8311 4374.
Applications close: 11.30pm, 18 July 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Drivers Licence. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 18 Jul 2021
- VIC - Hadfield
- $89 - $97K + Super
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
Natural Resource Management
Parks and Public Space