Drainage Development Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Drainage Development Engineer
- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse Inner-city Councils
- Band 6 - $89K - 97K + Super
- Fixed Term Full Time role to June 2022 with monthly RDO
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Council's Engineering Services Unit is offering a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Engineer who enjoys contact with the community and working with a dynamic team to improve and enhance drainage infrastructure within Moreland.
Key aspects of the role include the assessment and approval of drainage plans for Onsite Stormwater Detention and Water Sensitive Urban Design elements relating to multi-unit developments and subdivisions. The role will also encompass the analysis and production of drainage reports for the Legal Point of Discharge for developments. The investigation, analysis and solution to drainage and flood related issues raised by the community in relation to drainage infrastructure will also be a key aspect of this position.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Tertiary (Degree) qualification In Civil Engineering, eligible for Professional Membership of the Institute of Engineers, Australia.
- Experience in Onsite Stormwater Detention and Legal Point of Discharge assessment and approval.
- Experience in investigating, analysing and producing solutions for drainage and flood related issues associated with drainage Infrastructure.
- Proven track record in a Civil Engineering work environment for Local Government or a Service Authority.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to develop and interpret specifications and civil drawings.
- Proven experience in using Microsoft Office suite, Civil Design and CAD computer software, GIS and records management systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication including strong skills in managing time, setting priorities and planning and organising work as required to achieve objectives and goals.
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence Is essential.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Wellness programs- free gym classes & social club
For further information please contact Joe Carnuccio on 9240 2236.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 28 July 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Drivers Licence. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 28 Jul 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- Band 6 - $89K - 97K + Super
- Work Type: