- Make this Role Your Own | Unique Local Government Opportunity
- Work / Life Balance | 9-Day Fortnight
- Excellent Location | World Renown Natural Environment
We need talented, committed people – we need you! Live, work & play in paradise and advance your career with one of the largest employers in the Cairns region!
For Cairns Regional Council the community is at the core of everything we do, and as the Cairns region continues to grow and evolve we will continue to work hard to address the challenges of population growth, climate change, environmental management, economic development and social well-being . We will strive to build a vibrant safe city and to maintain our enviable tropical lifestyle to ensure it maintains attractive into the future.
We are now seeking a passionate, experienced & solutions focussed leader who has a strong background in community safety and crime prevention to join our team now. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with CCTV technologies and monitoring, strong direction in strategic and operational management and highly developed interpersonal, supervisory and conflict management skills.
The key objectives of the position are:
- Coordination of the CitySafe program, operational response and strategic planning for security requirements, with the goal of enhancing wellbeing and safety in the CBD and broader community.
- Develop a Council wide security strategy for CCTV and associated whole of Council security services and coordinate a delivery program which addresses current risk profile, achieving a sustainable operating model for future expansion and emergent technologies.
- To provide specialist advice to Council on all security and safety matters and to provide guidance and support to Council management for strategic and operational planning.
- Management of responsibilities over Councils various contracted security service providers ensuring delivery and outcomes as per the term of the contracts.
- Monitor the overall operations of the CitySafe program and identify opportunities for improvements, expansion and enhancement.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Tertiary qualifications and or extensive experience in community safety and crime prevention or related field.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- High level of time management/organisational skills.
- Demonstrated experience with CCTV technologies and monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret legislation and provide expert advice using own expertise and judgement based on qualifications and experience towards the primary objective of the position.
- Ability to establish processes and procedures relative to level of responsibility attached to this position.
- Possess sound skills in the operation of Microsoft applications.
- Demonstrated commitment to the practice of a participative leadership style that supports and motivates individual, team and corporate achievement.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills including consultation, networking, liaison, conflict resolution and report writing.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strategic partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders in a community context with a solutions focus.
In return we offer the following benefits:
- 9-day fortnight work roster
- Up to 5 weeks annual leave
- 12% contribution to Superannuation
- Annual leave loading
- Subsidised uniform allowance
- Subsidised health and well-being membership (gym / swimming pool)
- On-going opportunities for learning and professional development
Applications Close: Sunday, 23 May 2021
To apply, go to: https://cairnsqld.mercury.com.au