- Join a progressive leader in Local Government
- Be a part of a contemporary, service driven team
- Focus on enabling contemporary people practices across Council
The City of Darebin is a vibrant municipality just north of Melbourne’s CBD. No matter where you’re from, you’ll feel at home in this cosmopolitan community where different lifestyles, aspirations and talents are welcomed. 160,000 residents speak 138 different languages, embrace 37 different faiths and celebrate their city's rich cultural diversity.
As a progressive leader in Local Government, the City of Darebin has set an inspiring vision to ensure quality of life for current and future generations in response to the climate emergency, increasing inequality and unprecedented growth - hence the vision of a sustainable, vibrant and community-oriented City.
Our People and Culture Department drive value for both our customers and the business by working closely with key internal stakeholders and other divisional teams to drive operational excellence and deliver extraordinary results through ownership and considered execution. We are a highly collaborative team who thrive working in an agile and fast-paced environment underpinned by strong values and a customer centric approach.
Reporting to the Executive Lead Culture Capability and Change, this position coordinates and supports the development and delivery of effective capability and learning programs and organisational development initiatives. Key pieces of work within the capability and learning officer scope sit within the areas of compliance and foundational training, group learning/ capability development program for all staff cohorts, capability analysis, planning and development in aligning group learning, administering the Learning Management System and employee lifecycle surveys.
More specifically the Capability and Learning Officer:
- Coordinates development and delivery of the annual Group Learning Program to budget informed by legal and regulatory requirements, the Darebin Capability Framework and organisational requirements.
- Provide L&D advice, drawing on contemporary and innovative learning methods and options, including online and blended learning, to tailor approaches for differing levels of the organisation based on current and future capability needs.
- Conduct analysis to determine capability and development needs from an individual, team and organisational perspective.
- Administer Council’s on-line Learning Management System to deliver on organisational learning and development needs.
To be considered for this position you will have demonstrated experience and expertise in the coordination of HR programs and practices, including but not limited to engagement, capability, learning and development. The ideal candidate will have proven experience sourcing and delivering contemporary and innovative learning methods and offerings consistent with strategic objectives. A working knowledge of Learning Management Systems will see you be successful in this role. Key to the position is the ability to negotiate, provide support, advice and guidance to managers and staff and a self-driven service delivery orientation.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume (max 5 pages) and one page statement addressing the selection criteria and what you would bring to the role by 9am Monday 28 June 2021. Questions and enquiries on the position can also be directed to Acting Executive Lead, Culture Capability and Change Kellee Nolan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview on Friday 2 July 2021.
The City of Darebin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation, or other non-merit factors. Darebin are committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough Safety Screening processes apply.