- Permanent, full-time/ Flexible working options
- Salary circa $73k p.a. plus super
- Preston High St location - walking distance from train and tram
About Darebin City Council
Located in Melbourne’s northern suburbs, Darebin City Council is home to one of the largest, most diverse communities in terms of culture, language, religion, socio-economic background, occupation, and housing needs. The city has one of the largest populations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents in metropolitan Melbourne. Our Vision is for a community that works together to advance community life.
About the Role
As a member of the Property Services team you will play a vital role in the provision of administrative support to the Property Services team and activities within the property portfolio. This role is responsible for administering: Council’s program of road (right of way) discontinuances; the road and place naming process; and property and tenancy related details within Council’s lease register, whilst providing general property support to the organisation.
Key objectives of the position include:
- Administer Council’s program of road (rights-of-way) discontinuances, extinguishment of drainage reserves and road declarations.
- Provide advice on issues and enquiries relating to roads (rights-of-way) drainage reserves and other land holdings.
- Provide advice on Council owned title particulars and provision of associated documents
- Assist and administer the Geographic Place Naming process (including the consultation plan).
- Support the administration of the lease and licence register and lease renewal program.
- Maintain Council’s property registers
- Support the coordination of GIS mapping of Council properties
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the area of property management, road administration or a related discipline
- Working knowledge of legislation and/or legislative issues transferable to property matters
- Proven ability to read and interpret various property related documents including certificate of title and subdivision plans
- Previous experience administering data systems and process work within them, preferably within a property administration space.
As a progressive leader in Local Government, Darebin City Council is passionate about social inclusion, sustainability, engagement and service excellence. We are proud of the diversity of our workforce and recognise the strength this provides in meeting the needs of the community we serve. We are committed to upholding a positive and supportive work environment that values the contribution of all employees and treats all employees with dignity and respect.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including opportunities for personal and professional development, flexible work practices including working from home options, Employee Assistance Program, recognition and reward program - Appreciate Great and a variety of generous paid and unpaid leave options.
How to Apply
Darebin values diversity and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of colour. We value people of all abilities and diversity of culture, faith, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome unique contributions and perspectives of all people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we work with and live in. We’re also happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.
Start your application by clicking ‘Begin’ below. Candidates must provide a resume, and thos who wish to may address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description in their cover letter.
Contact Greg Phippen, Coordinator Property on (03) 8470 8680 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on Monday 5th July at 9am. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview on Friday 9 July 2021.
The Darebin City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. Darebin is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.
To work at Darebin City Council, you will be required to supply proof of work rights, a Victorian Employee Working with Children Check and comply with Child Safety standards. All employees are required to undertake an Australian Criminal History Check and may be required to complete a Functional Health Assessment.