Senior Urban Designer/Strategic Planner - [Archived Advertisement]
Darebin City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Full Time, Maximum Term 6 months
- Salary circa $101k p.a. + super
- Work close to home in Preston (WFH flexibility available)
About Darebin City Council
Located in Melbourne’s northern suburbs, Darebin City Council is home to one of the largest, most diverse communities in terms of culture, language, religion, socio-economic background, occupation, and housing needs. The city has one of the largest populations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents in metropolitan Melbourne. Our Vision is for a community that works together to advance community life.
About the Role
Working as part of the Strategic Planning team, this role leads and contributes towards various ambitious strategic planning/urban design projects. This will include various structure and corridor plans, neighbourhood character and housing strategy, and affordable housing.
- Develop policy and strategies in relation to urban development, urban design and land use
- Engage with local residents, stakeholders and community groups regarding planning issues
- Manage built form projects across multiple locations in Darebin
- Maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and state agencies by implementing communications and engagement plans
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in urban planning and/or urban design
- Experience in strategic planning, policy development and/or urban design
- Project management experience and preparation of work plans to achieve set objectives within the resources available
- Strong written and oral communication skills with well-developed customer service and liaison skills
- Ability to co-ordinate multi-disciplinary projects with minimum supervision
As a progressive leader in Local Government, Darebin City Council is passionate about social inclusion, sustainability, engagement and service excellence. We are proud of the diversity of our workforce and recognise the strength this provides in meeting the needs of the community we serve. We are committed to upholding a positive and supportive work environment that values the contribution of all employees and treats all employees with dignity and respect.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including opportunities for personal and professional development, flexible work practices including working from home options, Employee Assistance Program, recognition and reward program - Appreciate Great and a variety of generous paid and unpaid leave options.
How to Apply
Darebin values diversity and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of colour. We value people of all abilities and diversity of culture, faith, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome unique contributions and perspectives of all people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we work with and live in. We’re also happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please submit your application including a resume, and those who wish to address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description may do so in their cover letter.
Contact Sophie Jordan, Acting Coordinator Statutory Planning on 03 8470 8461 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on Wednesday 28th July at 11.30pm.
The Darebin City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. Darebin is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.
To work at Darebin City Council, you will be required to supply proof of work rights, a Victorian Employee Working with Children Check and comply with Child Safety standards. All employees are required to undertake an Australian Criminal History Check and may be required to complete a Functional Health Assessment.
- Closing Date:
- 28 Jul 2021
- VIC - Preston
- Salary circa $101k p.a. + super
- Work Type:
- Full Time