We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop-shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of the water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
WaterNSW is seeking an organised and enthusiastic Internal Communications Manager to implement and lead the internal communications strategy for WaterNSW and work closely with our Executives and Senior leaders to ensure consistency of internal information in order to drive employee engagement across the organisation and support internal programs and projects.
In this key role, you will manage all internal communications channels and tactics including messaging and statements to support the CEO and Executive internal communications. You will work closely with the broader Communications and Engagement team to ensure alignment between internal and external communications
You will bring:
- Tertiary Qualification in Public Relations, Marketing or Communications.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels, demonstrating a clear understanding of the need for diplomacy, tact and discretion at all times.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to produce flawless writing in a variety of communication styles and through various channels
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud systems other graphic design and video editing tools
- Knowledge and experience in driving impactful employee communications
- Strong ability to build rapport and trust across Executive and Senior leaderships teams
- Technical knowledge and experience in the production of videos, podcasts, web platforms and advertising is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the water sector or experience in major utilities will come highly regarded
- Strong attention to detail and copy-writing skills are essential for success
- Ability to coordinate, motivate and provide direction to a small team.
- Current NSW Driver's License
For the successful candidate, this role will see you utilise your passion for effective and inclusive leadership. You will work as part of a dedicated and passionate team with the ability to have a significant impact on people's work lives and the WaterNSW culture!
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and medical check.
Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
More information can be accessed via the Position Description
All applications must be lodged via an online application - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on the 5th of May 2021.