We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and the one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
We are currently looking for Project Engineer to join our Assets Team. You will be responsible for providing Engineering expertise to ensure solutions are identified, developed and implemented while using WaterNSW frameworks and tools. You will work with a Project Manager and oversee all the Project technical aspects, which includes ensuring that design, engineering and technical specifications and standards are met.
You will assist and develop the project planning and delivery documentation, business cases, project scoping and briefs, implementation, reporting and handover documentation.
It's a 12 months term role, reporting into the Project Engineering Manager.
What is essential:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher tertiary institution in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of assets relevant to WaterNSW core asset base such as dams, water regulating structures, bridges roads, canals, embankments, buildings and cranes etc.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and standards including WHS as they relate to the design and delivery of engineering aspects of capital projects
- Background experience in project planning, design and site work would be well regarded.
- Ability to interpret, assess and review engineering designs, drawings and construction and other methodologies to ensure compliance with standards and to meet required objectives.
- Knowledge of PMBOK or Prince 2 methodologies
- Current NSW driver’s Licence
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high performing collaborative Project Engineer that can manage multiple projects, that enjoys working across the full delivery cycle, and is able to undertake regular travel around NSW.
What we are offering
- Flexible work arrangements - 9 day fortnight
- Attractive remuneration package
- Great workplace with good job variety and flexibility
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check & Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
For further information regarding this position, please refer to the attached Position Description. Queries may be directed to Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
Please complete your personal details and submit a cover letter and resume below. All applications must be submitted online.
Please note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 7 May 2021