We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
We are looking for a Maintenance Officer to join our team at Lake Cargelligo. As part of a hardworking and highly skilled team, you will play a pivotal role in the ongoing maintenance and service of some of NSW’s major waterways.
This is a Permanent, Full time role reporting into Maintenance Team Leader.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Commitment to WaterNSW safety policies and procedures
- Operational maintenance tasks aligned with the preventative maintenance program.
- Dam surveillance and water sampling.
- Ensure work is performed and documented in accordance with manufacturers recommendation and company procedures
Skills and qualifications required:
- Maintaining assets at a high-level including ground maintenance, vegetation control and operations and surveillance.
- The ability to work alone, unsupervised and as part of a team and contribute to a positive and hardworking culture.
- Willing to travel and work at various sites within Water NSW.
- Demonstrate good computer skills.
- Current NSW driver’s licence
What we are offering
- Maintenance staff work a 9-day fortnight but core hours are 7:30AM to 4:00PM
- Great workplace with good job variety
- Ongoing training provided
We are looking for someone who can work in a high-volume environment with competing priorities required on multiple tasks. To be successful in this role you must be a self-motivated team player who has a passion for hands on work and a commitment to safety in line.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
For further information regarding this position, please refer to the attached Position Description .Queries may be directed to Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
Please complete your personal details and submit a cover letter and resume below. All applications must be submitted online.
Please note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 14th May 2021