We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop-shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of the water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
WaterNSW is seeking an experienced and passionate Regulatory Strategy Manager to develop and implement strategies relating to the economic regulation of WaterNSW’s infrastructure. In this senior role reporting to the Manager Economic Regulation, you will prepare pricing submissions, deliver strategic regulatory advice and manage regulatory review processes.
You will have a strong customer focus and have a proven track record in engaging with regulators and other stakeholders on regulatory matters. You will be commercially savvy and drive regulatory reform that is in the long-term interests of customers and that contributes to the achievement of WaterNSW’s commercial objectives.
You will bring:
- Tertiary Qualification in Economics, Commerce, Law, Business Management or a related field
- Knowledge of Australian economic regulatory frameworks and the key issues facing regulated firms
- Demonstrated experience in the economic regulation of utilities and developing and implementing regulatory strategy
- Experience in preparing regulatory submissions and participating in regulatory determination processes
- Sound commercial acumen and strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills with superior writing and presentation capabilities
- Experience developing and utilising financial spreadsheet models
- Experience in the economic regulation of the water sector / energy sector is highly favourable.
You will be an avid negotiator, with a strong ability to deal with Senior Management, Executive Leaders and the CEO. For the successful candidate, this role will see you utilise your passion for and experience in working collaboratively in a large complex organisation and ‘winning the hearts and minds’ of others.
- Attractive remuneration package
- Permanent, Full time opportunity
- An inclusive and supportive culture and team
You will work as part of a dedicated and passionate team as well as having access to flexible work arrangements.
More information can be access via the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks
Please note: All applications must be lodged via an online application, Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on the 17th of May 2021.