We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
As part of a hard working and highly skilled team, you will work on one of the States most significate and critical assets.
We are seeking for a Maintenance Officer Trade - Mechanical to be based at our Wyangala Dam, as part of a hard working and highly skilled team, you will play a pivotal role in the ongoing maintenance and service of some of NSW’s major waterways.
This is a 6 months term role, reporting into Maintenance Team Leader.
- Commitment to WaterNSW safety policies and procedures
- Operational maintenance tasks aligned with the preventative maintenance program.
- Dam surveillance and water sampling.
- You may be required to conduct other maintenance activities outside of your trade.
- Ensure work is performed and documented in accordance with manufacturers recommendation and company procedures
Skills and qualifications required:
- Fully Qualified Fitter & Machinist
- Ability to Work at Heights and in Confined Spaces
- Favourable to have tickets for Forklift, Cranes, Truck Licence
- General maintenance activities including plant, machinery and large industrial equipment operations.
- The ability to work as part of a team and contribute to a positive and hardworking culture.
- Demonstrate good computer skills.
- Willing to travel and work at various sites within Water NSW.
What we are offering
- Maintenance staff work a 9-day fortnight but core hours are 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- Great workplace with good job variety
- Ongoing training provided.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
More information can be accessed via the Position Description
Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
All applications must be lodged via an online application - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please complete your personal details and submit a cover letter and resume below.
Please note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 23rd June 2021