We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. ?We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
We are currently looking for a Water Quality Scientist with a specialisation in environmental statistics/applied data science to join our Water Catchment Protection team at Parramatta office. Your key role is to develop and manage scientific programs and projects, and specialist technical advice and tools to deliver water quality projects to meet client needs.
- Manage science projects to deliver scientific research and operational outcomes on time, within budget and fulfil the terms of project outcomes negotiated with clients.
- Translate operational issues into scientific investigations and interpret complex outputs to produce succinct and meaningful strategic and operational recommendations.
- Design projects and undertake science investigations as required within WaterNSW and external service providers to deliver operational outcomes.
- Investigate and interpret scientific literature and research findings to provide sound advice in relevant fields of scientific endeavour.
- Ensure laboratory and field experiments are robust and efficient. Evaluate, recommend and implement as required to meet client needs.
- Analyse and interpret scientific data to provide advice on current and future water and catchment management issues to ensure customer and environmental needs are met.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Tertiary qualifications in Science with specialisation in Environmental Statistics/Data Science.
- At least 2- 3 years of demonstrated experience in water resource and/or catchment management, with an emphasis on water quantity/quality and statistical analysis.
- Specialised knowledge in Statistics
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
What we are offering
- Attractive remuneration package, 9 day fortnight
- Hybrid approach, work from home and office
- Great workplace with good job variety
This is a unique opportunity to work in an organization that values and embraces diversity, and that is committed to ensuring that its employees reflect the NSW community it serves.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo?pre-employment checks including a National police check and?Medical check. Any offer of employment?will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.?
For further information regarding this position, please refer to the attached Position Description. Queries may be directed to Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
Please complete your personal details and submit a cover letter and resume below. All applications must be submitted online.
Please note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 23rd June 2021