Support the effective and efficient delivery of our integrated planning and performance framework. Two opportunities available!
$106,988 plus 9.5% Superannuation
- 1 x Permanent
- 1 x Maximum Term Contract up until 31 December 2021
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
The Planning and Performance Lead will play an important role in supporting the effective and efficient delivery of our integrated planning and reporting framework.
This role develops and supports the implementation of the planning and reporting framework in accordance with the Local Government Act (and any other relevant legislation) and supports the City of Melbourne to meet its statutory planning and reporting requirements. You will work collaboratively to identify and embed an appropriate, efficient, consistent and integrated approach to planning and reporting processes.
With a background of corporate planning and performance and sound skills in analysis, writing, stakeholder engagement and communications you will be able to utilise your experience to achieve the delivery of key planning, reporting and governance activities across the organisation.
The role is part of a team that supports all integrated planning and reporting activities and will be required to support whole of team objectives and plans as required.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in integrated strategic planning and reporting or business analysis. Specialist knowledge of performance measurement would be highly advantageous.
- Skills and experience in business improvement and ability to collaborate with key partners to design, gain approval for and implement change.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to apply skills to identify potential opportunities and risks with solutions for CoM.
- Ability to lead, co-ordinate and manage projects and resources effectively to meet planned targets within agreed timelines.
- Ability to confidently liaise to build relationships, influence, gain and share knowledge and experience and, where necessary, discuss and resolve issues.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit email@example.com and refer to job reference no. 17838.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Voula Sarhanis, Team Leader Portfolio Planning and Performance.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Sunday 16 May 2021.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.