Manage the growth, development and diversification of the city’s urban forest
$106,988 plus 9.5% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As the Senior Urban Forester, you will manage the growth, development and diversification of the city’s urban forest to meet Council goals. You will be required to undertake strategic planning to deliver long term urban forest objectives, to collaborate with the community in the development of policy and to manage programs to increase greening across the municipality. You will have strong abilities to manage budgets and project manage the complexities associated with urban greening to ensure we grow a healthy climate resilient urban forest for City of Melbourne into the future.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- A recognised qualification in Arboriculture, Forest Science, Agricultural Science, Horticultural Science or equivalent.
- Extensive post-qualification experience in arboricultural or urban forest management.
- Developed understanding of GIS systems, software and analysis.
- Urban Forest research experience and detailed knowledge of climate change and impacts on the urban forest.
- Knowledge of the principles of urban ecology, biodiversity or equivalent.
- Highly developed project management skills with an ability to manage multiple, competing and complex tasks with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage budgets, direct and manage contractors, consultants and staff.
- Leadership experience in community consultation and the delivery of community programs.
- Knowledge of City of Melbourne corporate policies and procedures.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to job reference number 16432.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Lee Harrison, (Acting) Manager Urban Forest & Ecology.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm, Friday 7 May 2021.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits.
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.