Interested in the 5G movement? Come support City of Melbourne’s vision of “connectivity without the clutter”
$106,98 plus 9.5% Superannuation
Max Term Contract up until June 2022
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As the 5G Enablement Specialist, you will be responsible for facilitating a group of representatives across City of Melbourne (CoM) to scope, guide and deliver the CoM 5G initiative. You will have a specific focus on overseeing and coordinating the planning, delivery, and close out of deliverables required to support the roll out 5G across the municipality.
A high level of creative and analytical skills will be called upon to reach effective solutions on challenging and highly variable problems as you prepare and enable the City of Melbourne for the rollout of 5G, in alignment with our vision of “connectivity without the clutter”.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Degree and/or equivalent qualification in Project/Program Management, Design or Digital Technology.
- Prior experience in digital transformation and 5G is desirable.
- Experience in identifying business opportunities and commercial modelling.
- Experience in project/program management using agile and PMBOK methodologies, including delivery and management of high value, complex projects in a large, diverse organisation with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities.
- Proven ability to coordinate and motivate project team members.
- Understanding of human-centred design, design-led innovation and change management.
- Excellent relationship building and management skills with the ability to deal with a diverse range of stakeholders with broad expectations and needs which can sometimes be of a competing nature.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to job reference number 17836.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Catherine Hill, Technology Partnerships and Sector Innovation Manager.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Sunday 9 May 2021.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact email@example.com
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.