Are you a recent graduate or just starting your career as a Full-stack Developer and looking for an early opportunity? Join us and make your mark by working on an exciting and innovative project with a highly skilled project team.
$106,988 to $120,410 plus 9.5% Superannuation negotiable
Maximum Term Contract up until June 2022
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
We have an exciting and rare opportunity for a creative and passionate individual to develop products that drive experiences and insights across our organisation.
As the Full-stack Developer, you will help the City of Melbourne to create a high profile exhibit space in the ground floor of our iconic Melbourne Town Hall, to enable 21st century style community engagement and participation.
You will play a key role in creating a digital platform that will put the City of Melbourne among the leading cities globally for using emerging technology to enhance our social democracy capabilities and opportunities. By doing so, you will help us to tell the story of our city past, present and future.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to be hand on and work on a really cool project that will provide a new kind of user experience and insights to our community, which will challenge you to innovate and enjoy doing something special.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
If you have a curious mind and you’re keen to join an awesome team, we’d love to hear from you. Apply today!
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Expert understanding and knowledge of modern ReactJS, AWS Amplify JS SDK, console, websockets, webpack, mapbox, react-map-gl package, monorepo, deck.gl and grit workflow.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in ICT, or a related field and knowledge and experience of User Experience processes, research methodologies, and principles.
- Demonstrated experience planning and undertaking user research and usability testing activities, and then effectively communicating insights through visual artefacts and storytelling.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with subject matter experts to review and write content in plain language, and ensure structure of content reflects how users read online and on different devices.
- Experience and capability for designing user interfaces with responsive design methods using consistent design patterns, and which meet web standards, including accessibility.
- Demonstrated experience designing information architecture, and developing wireframes, user flows and pathways, high-fidelity mock-ups, and prototypes to test and validate services against user needs and business objectives.
- Sound written and oral communication skills including the capacity to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders, and the ability to build and manage relationships that facilitate the delivery of services.
To view the position description and physical requirements of this position, please visit firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to job reference number 17859.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits.
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.