An exciting permanent opportunity to immerse in all things data to enable better decision making and business outcomes for the Comms teams
$106,988 plus 9.5% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a City of possibility and place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Embedded in the Strategic Communications branch, reporting to the Head of Brand & Creative Studio, you will be responsible for driving measurement, reporting and data to ensure best practice delivery, continuous improvement and audience effectiveness in all communications activities.
With strong knowledge and understanding of best practice and emerging trends for communications functions, this role will provide insights from external benchmarking, City of Melbourne’s (CoM’s) performance metrics and provides insights and recommendations for improvement. This will include regular reporting on activities including platform and channel performance, campaign PIR co-ordination and external effectiveness. You will work closely with CoM’s broader data team, City Marketing team with a whole of organisation lens will be applied to be effective.
We’re looking for someone who has expertise in Data analytics and/or PR or Communications activities with a data and performance focus. You are someone who takes a holistic approach, is interested in audience and customer experience and is able to proactively identify and troubleshoot problems by analysing information and using sound judgement.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast paced environment and contributing to the future success of the City of Melbourne.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- A tertiary qualification in Data analytics, PR or Communications with substantial relevant experience in an agency environment with a data and performance focus.
- A highly motivated, values-led individual who contributes to the team.
- Portfolio of work that shows an ability to generate data-based analysis and reporting for complex environments.
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadline in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound understanding of communications and research principles, including how to apply research methods to maximise communications impacts.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit email@example.com, refer to job reference no. 17932.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than three pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Ashlee Faletic, Director Strategic Communications.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Sunday 13 June 2021.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us,the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits.
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.