Lead the creative & digital transformation of Melbourne’s storytelling
Salary commencing from $166,050 Total Employment Package
Senior Officer Contract
We are the City of Melbourne, a City of possibility and place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Communications, you will be responsible for leading the best practice management and delivery of CoM’s brand proposition, digital content production and CoM-wide channels to connect our diverse and complex audiences.
You will lead a dynamic and creative team that delivers CoM-wide digital services, including production, web publishing and social media. The team is a centre of excellence with high quality capability and ensures efficiency, consistency and alignment to brand and strategy across our digital platforms. Data, measurement and insights will also be produced from this team.
At the centre of content production and with a CX lens, the Brand & Digital Studio team will work collaboratively across the Strategic Communications Branch to ensure a proactive, planned and compelling content calendar is delivered on best-practice channels to the right audiences.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- A tertiary qualification in Media, PR or Communications or substantial relevant experience in an agency environment.
- A highly motivated, values-led leader who can motivate, organise and manage a large team.
- Portfolio of work that shows an ability to write and produce clean, compelling copy and compelling social media content.
- Proven experience in monitoring and managing multiple social media accounts using recognised platforms such as Hootsuite and Lexer.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing online engagement plans and strategies using social media sites and online collaborative tools.
- Understanding of information architecture principles, content management systems and web accessibility best practice.
- Sound understanding of corporate communications, and how digital and social media form an essential channel as part of the integrated communications and marketing mix.
- Demonstrated experience in videography and photography, including editing and post-production.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please refer to job reference 17963 by visiting firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter (no more than one page), outlining your relevant skills and experience
- respond to the following application questions, which will appear as part of the application form:
- What inspired you to apply to this role? (no more than 500 words)
- What capabilities will you bring to the role? (no more than 500 words)
- How will you transform your workforce to work in a constructive culture? (no more than 500 words)
- What are your salary expectations?
Please address your covering letter to Ashlee Faletic, Director Strategic Communications.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Tuesday 15 June 2021.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits.
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.