$127,641 plus 9.5% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a City of possibility and place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As the Coordinator Risk Management you will lead the Risk Management Team in being an advocate for effective risk management across all operations. This is a great opportunity to provide strategic direction across internal audit, insurance and risk management services.
We are looking for someone who will build effective and strategic working relationships with all work areas across the organisation, senior management and key external stakeholders. The Coordinator Risk Management will use their significant experience and contemporary knowledge of risk management best practice to develop and deliver a risk management program. This will include you using your highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and ability to devise recommendations to resolve issues when consulting work areas to assist them manage their risk exposures and provide professional advice.
Your role will include leading, motivating and managing the team, including providing strategic direction and day to day guidance and support. You will need a commitment to excellence in customer service when supporting Council’s Audit and Risk Committee, delivering the internal audit program and managing third party public liability claims for compensation. Other key responsibilities managed by the team include managing the organisation’s insurance program, fraud and corruption prevention, business continuity planning and compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
Bring your leadership skills to this exciting opportunity and be part of a constructive and positive culture.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team to achieve high performance outcomes with coaching skills to develop team capabilities, team cohesion and the ability to effectively manage conflict and under performance.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and maintain business plans and associated budgetary and financial management requirements.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Significant experience and proven achievements in developing and delivering a risk management program and contemporary knowledge of risk management best practice, including the facilitation of risk assessments.
- Experience with audit principles and the development of appropriate controls, business continuity and fraud and corruption prevention.
- Effectiveness in identifying and overcoming obstacles to achieve organisational results including sound conceptual and analytical thinking capability and ability to devise recommendations to resolve issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and persuasion skills and the ability to ask probing questions regarding risks and compliance matters.
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, including the provision of professional advice to internal and external stakeholders and the ability to facilitate and conduct presentations.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
To apply for this position please visit the city of Melbourne career page, link below:
City of Melbourne - Mercury eRecruit
Please address your covering letter to Michael Tonta, Director Governance, Governance
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Wednesday 30 June 2021.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.