DUG Technology (View other jobs from this organisation)
At DUG, we offer high-performance computing as a service (HPCaaS) for a wide variety of clients. Built on many years of experience in geophysics, our world-class compute cluster is tailor-made for scientific computing and attracts a diverse range of computationally-intensive projects.
We’re looking for an HPC Expert with experience in on-boarding clients, helping them to build and tune complex packages for performance on DUG’s worldwide HPC infrastructure.
As HPC Expert, you’ll be part of a team of technical experts responsible for ensuring that customers can use our compute infrastructure as productively as possible. Your pragmatic approach will help you deal with third-party software that's not always especially easy to build, compile, understand and tune. You’ll become proficient in the languages and techniques used in these projects, as well as an evolving and somewhat-unique HPC environment.
The HPC Expert will work with end users to perform onboarding, installation, porting, optimisation and tuning.
- Work with customers to achieve successful use of DUG McCloud
- Benchmark customer codes against different hardware within DUG McCloud
- Install, port, optimise and tune codes for optimal performance on DUG McCloud
- Work with vendors to benchmark new hardware
- Understand existing and new hardware and how it might benefit DUG McCloud
- Ability to install complex unix packages and dependencies
- Programming ability in at least one of C, C++, Fortran
- Ability to program with at least one of OpenMP, MPI, OpenAAC, Cuda or pthreads
- Code optimisation techniques
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to use batch queueing systems
- Bash scripting
- An understanding of modern computer, network and IO architecture
- An understanding of parallel IO and various parallel file systems
- Experience with team collaboration and version control, ideally git
- A true Bash expert
- Python scripting
- Network performance and tuning
- I/O performance and tuning
- Linux kernel tuning
- Ability to vector program
- Scientific programming background to understand a wide range of numerical algorithms and techniques
- WA - West Perth
- An attractive salary will be negotiated based on skills and experience.
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Bushfire/Natural Disaster Recovery