Join our expanding Communications, Advocacy and Engagement team as the Communications Officer (Publications and Brand)
The team is responsible for driving all of Council’s public relations, marketing, communications and promotional activities as well as leading Council's advocacy agenda and delivering best practice community engagement.
As the Communication Officer you will produce high quality, informative and engaging content for Council.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to the writing, editing and production management of the Banyule Banner and Councillor Ward Newsletters
- Identify industry awards and, in conjunction with business units, prepare award submissions
- Assist business units with their publication requirements eg brochures & leaflets
- Assist in developing and producing corporate documents such as the Council Plan, Budget, and Annual Report
- Assist with research and speech writing for Mayor, Councillors, CEO and senior staff for civic events and functions
- Write and edit material for Council’s website and electronic newsletters
- Ensure that Council's corporate identity is reflected in all publications, products and promotional activities
- A recognised qualification in journalism or a public relations/communications discipline
- Significant experience in writing for newsletters and meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to write in different styles for a variety of audiences
- Ability to show initiative and work cooperatively within a team and across the organization
- High degree of political acumen
- Salary range $89,182.74 to $93,696.04 pro rata, plus super
- Temporary part time - 24 hours per week October 2021 to October 2022
- Supportive team environment
- Flexible work arrangements
- Ongoing learning and individual development opportunities, including & health and wellbeing initiatives
Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Shawn Neilsen Tel: 0412616229 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Sunday 3 October 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.