- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Fixed Term (12 month position) with option to extend
- Positive, engaged team who are eager to keep up the great work
- Rewarding career with great benefits
- Job Ref: 18035
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous, progressive and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
If you’ve worked in waste for several years and you’re keen to make use of your skills and knowledge, have a genuine, positive impact on people, culture and the industry and you know that you can make a difference, then this is the role for you.
We are looking to be a leader in the waste industry, someone who is a team player and who makes the best out of every situation. Attitude is everything; if you can see the opportunities in most situations, and you’re willing to roll up your sleeves and get involved with the team, then you are going to love Moreland.
We are looking for an experienced professional to play a leading management role in the Waste Services Unit comprising of in-house and contracted waste collection services.
Reporting to the Manager Roads, Fleet and Waste, your strong leadership and people skills will be essential to effectively and sensitively manage and develop a performance-based culture.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Extensive experience in the waste services
- Ability to manage change in a constructive and positive manner
- Demonstrated experience in leading large teams, particularly blue collar
- Experience in managing operational budgets
- Sound understanding of the waste sector, both strategic and operational
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
- A positive, can do attitude and team approach
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Supportive team
- Positive and supportive line manager
For further information please contact Karen Davies on 8311 4389.
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday 13th October 2019
Interviews will be held on Friday 25th October 2019
Previous Applicants Need Not Apply
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.