$77, 352 plus 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary to 30 June 2021
We are the City of Melbourne, a bold place to be extraordinary.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community by being bold, innovative and sustainable. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Reporting to the Team Leader GIS, the GIS Cartographer will be responsible for providing a high quality mapping service for City of Melbourne. You will achieve this through design led, data-driven cartographic products in print and interactive digital media in response to requests from City of Melbourne business units and external customers to understand complex information.
You will contribute to the delivery of the Melbourne City DNA initiative by producing engaging visual insights from complex data and information using immersive technology. In addition, you will support the design, creation and production of high end large scale cartographic products such as on-street wayfinding maps which enable our tourists to navigate Melbourne.
Visualisation is a powerful means of communicating analytics, concepts and ideas. To be successful in the role, the GIS Cartographer must be able to convey to a range of operational and management staff, from a variety of different disciplines and with various degrees of understanding of spatial information, the correct way that map products are to be interpreted.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Expert knowledge and experience of cartographic techniques related to the production and creation of high quality map products.
- Expertise and experience using a variety of software applications including ArcGISPro, MaPublisher and Adobe Creative Cloud to create, generate and enhance maps.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas, spatial modelling and analytics to a wide audience.
- Capacity to engage with people and foster beneficial working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to establish work priorities and work with limited direction.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
Please visit via the City of Melbourne Careers page to apply: https://melbourne.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=UKZvgiLrNxI=&jbc=ere
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter (no more than one page)
- respond to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to David Hassett, Team Leader GIS.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Wednesday 19 August 2020.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or would like further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.