Minister urges contribution to library review
The Victorian Minister for Local Government Jeanette Powell has urged the community to further contribute to the Tomorrow’s Library review of the state’s public libraries.
Submissions to Tomorrow's Library close on Thursday 31 May and will inform a comprehensive report due to be released later this year.
"This consultation is an opportunity for the community to contribute to the development of a future-focused and forward-thinking plan for Victorian public libraries," Mrs Powell said.
"Public libraries are vital resources within our community and provide invaluable access to knowledge, the latest information technology and a wide range of community services.
The review is being conducted by the bipartisan Ministerial Advisory Council on Public Libraries (MAC) re-established by Minister Powell. The members of the MAC include:
- Chair, David Morris MP – Member for Mornington and Parliamentary Secretary for Local Government
- Deputy Chair, Joanne Duncan MP – Member for Macedon
- Peter Crisp MP – Member for Mildura
- Cr Rod Fyffe – Municipal Association of Victoria
- Dennis Hovenden – Local Government Professionals
- John Murrell – Public Libraries Victoria Network
- Anne Holmes – Public Libraries Victoria Network
- Sue Hamilton – Chief Executive Officer State Library of Victoria
- John Bennie – City of Greater Dandenong
- Cr Sharon Ellis – Whitehorse City Council
- Cr Judith O'Farrell – Campaspe Shire Council
- Patti Manolis – Geelong Regional Library Corporation
- Mr Colin Morrison – Department of Planning and Community Development
- Mr Dan Harper – MAC Executive Officer