Royalties funding to target infrastructure
The Queensland Government has announced the first round of projects under the pilot Royalties for Regions initiative, with the majority of the funding targeting road infrastructure.
Minister for State Development, Jeff Seeney, said the funding would deliver upgrades to the Brisbane Valley and D’Aguilar Highways, as well as delivering road projects including the Toowoomba CBD ring-road and Blakeys Crossing in Townsville.
“They are funded in this 18 month program and we will bring forward funding allocations as soon as work is ready to start,” Mr Seeney said.
The announcement will see an additional $60 million allocated for regional roads in the next six months.
While regional roads will receive the bulk of $60 million available under the first round of funding from the Royalties for the Regions program, core community infrastructure and flood mitigation projects will also go ahead.
Local Government Minister David Crisafulli said water and sewerage will be the focus of round one of community infrastructure funding.
“When funding for this vital infrastructure was stripped away by Andrew Fraser in 2009, it was always going to put pressure on local communities," Mr Crisafulli said.
All short-listed projects
Resource Community Building Fund
- Dysart Medical Centre – Isaac Regional Council
- Roma Sewerage Augmentation Project – Maranoa Regional Council
- Miles Water, Sewerage and Recycled Water Scheme Stage 1 – Western Downs Regional Council
- Theodore Sewerage Treatment Plant – Banana Shire Council
- Chinchilla Washdown Bay - Western Downs Regional Council
- Maranoa Water Supply Project - Maranoa Regional Council
- Winfields Road Landfill Upgrade - Western Downs Regional Council
Roads to Resources
- Belyando Estate, Moranbah - Flood Free Access -Belyando Estate Q50 Bridge – Isaac Regional Council
- Fairymeadow Road Seal Widening - Western Downs Regional Council
- Goombi Fairymeadow Road Seal Widening - Western Downs Regional Council
- Bennetts School Road Sealing - Western Downs Regional Council
- Upgrade Eidsvold Theodore Road - Banana Shire Council
- Wallumbilla North Bitumen Seal - Maranoa Regional Council
- Weranga North Road Upgrade - Western Downs Regional Council
- Mary Road Upgrade - Western Downs Regional Council
- Joseph Road Upgrade - Western Downs Regional Council
- Bowen Developmental Road - Collinsville to Bowen – Whitsunday Regional Council
- Beelbee Road Sealing - Western Downs Regional Council
Floodplain Security Scheme
- Roma Flood Mitigation Project - Levee Construction – Maranoa Regional Council
- Nogoa River Rail Bridge Capacity Improvement – Central Highland Regional Council