- Work with one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $63K + Super
- Full Time / Fortnightly RDO
- Ref no: 17845
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Hadfield, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position will form part of the road maintenance team, undertaking a range of repairs and reinstatement of Council’s infrastructure. This includes footpath, road, drainage, street furniture and signs. You must be committed to providing a high standard of service, complying with OHS requirements and be able to demonstrate your reliability and ability to work as part of a team.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Experience in road maintenance including asphalt, concrete and drainage works
- The ability to work unsupervised
- Able to communicate effectively
- Experience in the use of hand tools
- The ability to interpret diagrams and maps
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Mick Burrows on 8311 4344.
Applications close: 5pm, 3 May 2019.
To apply or obtain a position description, please visit our website.
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background.Moreland City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.