- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $98K – $110K + Super
- Permanent full time role with access to monthly RDO
- Ref No: 18189
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees. The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast-growing city which is home to more than 180,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project Management Office Administrator who has a passion for project management, supporting project managers from an analytical and administrative perspective and driving improvement in the management and delivery of a diverse range of projects.
As the Project Management Office Administrator, you will be acknowledged as the leader on all aspects of Moreland’s project management methodology, processes and systems. The role will play a critical administrative role in supporting and promoting effective project management across the organisation.
If you have experience and expertise gained in an enterprise PMO and a passion for working with project managers, this role could be your next challenge.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE TO:
- Support the continuous improvement of the MP2 Project Management methodology;
- Provide assistance and advice to project boards, project managers and staff;
- Perform regular reviews of projects to assess compliance with the methodology;
- Monitor and report on project progress and completion to the Moreland Executive Group;
- Assist with the PMO annual budget bidding process;
- Identify project training needs and support development and facilitation training programs for new and existing employees.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- The ideal candidate would have a practitioner certification in PRINCE2 or equivalent project management methodology and/or a tertiary qualification in project management or equivalent;
- Demonstrated experience in administration and operational project management methodologies in a complex organisation running large numbers of projects;
- Capacity to learn and master software applications with a keen focus on innovation and process improvement;
- Substantial experience in data analysis and report writing;
- Understanding of local government and project management requirements;
- Broad general people management skills with a focus on the introduction of new processes and systems;
- Experience in successfully managing and delivering projects (desirable).
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO;
- Annual leave loading;
- A real sense of work-life balance;
- Salary sacrifice options
For further information please contact Glen Hickey on 0417 296 368
Applications close: 5pm, 15 March 2020
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.