- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city Councils
- $89K - $97K + Super
- 6 month fixed-term position
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced professional to lead a project to establish an Environmental Management System (EMS). You will undertake quality assurance activities that support and drive Council's preparedness for introducing an EMS, working across Council to influence, embed and lead this focus on Council's environmental policies and principles. You will establish an approach based on EMS principles to provide structure to Council's environmental management, providing a foundation that we can build upon.
You will have a high level of initiative, the ability to work as part of a team and demonstrated experience in developing and delivering training through the implementation of an Environmental Management System.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Relevant qualification in environmental management or quality assurance with some relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications with substantial relevant experience in a related field.
- Good facilitation and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple tasks and priority setting skills.
- Computer skills with knowledge of IT applications and packages including Microsoft Office.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Wellness programs- 3 free gym classes & social club
For further information please contact Sophie Barison on 9240 1134.
Applications close: 10pm, 16 July 2020. Interviews will be held on 20 July 2020 via video conference.
Should we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advertisement before the closing date.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.