$87,916 + 9.5% Superannuation
Permanent Full Time
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne…
The position is responsible for the management, coordination, delivery and support of a wide range of external and internal projects aligned to business and tourism objectives. Project management is a key skill requirement across Business and Tourism and the Project Coordinator will apply professional, comprehensive and contemporary project management expertise to all initiatives. Accountabilities will include all aspects across the project lifecycle: project planning, scoping, delivery, monitoring, reporting, quality management, stakeholder relationships and communication management.
We are looking for an individual who will work collaboratively with team members across the organisation on a variety of projects to ensure they effectively support project delivery. Stand-alone projects range from small to medium size, or the work may involve some components of larger projects. The role operates in a complex, political and multifaceted environment and the ability to analyse and synthesise a broad range of information relating to project progress and issues is essential.
You can bring…
- A relevant tertiary qualification in project management, business management, tourism and marketing or other related discipline and/or significant experience in roles in these fields
- Proven ability to coordinate and deliver multiple projects simultaneously in a complex environment
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and influence outcomes in a constructive manner
- Good creative and analytical skills with ability to devise innovative, best practice, practical and commercially wise solutions and recommendations
- High level marketing experience including strategic thinking, communications plans, etc.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit our Careers page under Position Information in the advertisement.
How to apply…
Visit our Careers website and as part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter respond to the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages), in a separate document, as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Stephanie Hamilton, Visitor Economy Manager.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The advertised closing date and important information before applying for this position can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers
City of Melbourne’s People and Culture Operations Team welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8.30am and 1pm Monday to Friday.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed above.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people to apply.