Queensland Rail's purpose is to provide a customer-focused, safe, reliable, on-time, value for money rail service that benefits the community, supports industry and is integrated with the public transport system. The organisation's vision is connecting communities through a modern, world-class rail service.
Queensland Rail has an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated media relations professional to join its fast-paced, friendly and dynamic Media team as a ‘Media Adviser’ on a permanent basis.
Queensland Rail’s media team delivers a wide range of communication and media relations activities state-wide to keep customers and stakeholders informed of Queensland Rail’s activities. We develop key messages and use storytelling to showcase Queensland Rail’s people, projects, initiatives and performance.
The Media Adviser is a critical role that requires someone with an exceptionally high attention to detail and the ability to develop strong relationships with journalists and other key stakeholders. This role requires an organised self-starter who can manage their time and competing priorities extremely well.
We are looking for a highly organised team player with outstanding communication skills, a positive attitude who can work autonomously under pressure.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and delivering successful communication and media activities
- High level of skill in identifying, responding to and monitoring media issues, and providing advice to stakeholders within a fast-paced, complex environment
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in building and sustaining productive stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated skills in writing copy for other corporate communications including intranet and internet, external communications including corporate publications, speeches and promotional material.
- Very high level of organisation skills and attention to detail, with strengths in analysis and reporting.
A tertiary qualification in a communication-related or relevant discipline is essential, as well as 4+ years within a similar media relations role, preferably for a government or public facing organisation.
Please note this role requires working outside of normal business hours on occasion, including regular participation in an on-call roster for out of hours media enquiries.
If this position interests you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience please apply to Media Adviser (1803) via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 11:59pm Monday 4 october 2021
IMPORTANT NOTE: CURRENT QUEENSLAND RAIL EMPLOYEES
Queensland Rail employees must apply for vacancies via the People Connect solution and not via the external Queensland Rail career site or Seek using one of the following options:
1. While at home or on the go at anytime, anywhere using the People Connect Solution on a personal device not connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN. Please note you will need to set up Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) on your account profile. There are two options to do this:
- Install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your smartphone.
- If your phone does not support the app, or you do not wish to use an app, you can authenticate by either an automated phone call or a 6-digit verification code received via a text message.
2. While at work signed via the People Connect solution (Single Sign On) using a Queensland Rail corporate device connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing. The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake psychometric assessment, pre-employment health assessment and background checks that might also include criminal history and credit checks.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Kristy Jordan with your specific enquiry on 1800 115 000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.