Learning & Development Specialist - Procurement And Design - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Learning & Development Specialist - Procurement And Design
Division: WORKFORCE & INFORMATION SERVICES
Unit: CORPORATE HR
Section: LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
Salary: AUD 104,985.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
Employment status: Term Contract
Employment arrangement: Full Time (up to 2 years)
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
Learning and Development Specialist - Procurement and Design (2 year term contract)
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 - developing a green, global and connected city.
The City of Sydney is seeking an organised and highly motivated Learning and Development professional to join our Learning and Development Team that produces high quality corporate and specialised learning and development programs. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- consulting and collaborating with the business to understand and identify learning and development needs
- identifying, sourcing and designing learning and development solutions, and
- the procurement, administration and performance management of Learning and Development contracts as well as service providers to ensure they are continually meeting business needs.
You will also be accountable for delivering high levels of governance, value for money, bench marking of services and ensuring that learning and development services are delivered in line with the contract terms.
To perform successfully in this role you will have the following skill sets:
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of contemporary learning and development practices
- Experience in design, facilitation, deployment and evaluation of learning experiences (blended, virtual and face-to-face) for a diverse workforce
- Strong consulting, collaboration and influencing skills with an ability to diagnose business learning needs
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence contractor performance in order to achieve customer satisfaction
- Ability to develop new contracts, interpret contractual information and use analytical skills to review financial and usage data
- Ability to monitor outcome and input-based specifications, including KPI data validation
- Ability to work autonomously, under pressure and achieve strict deadlines while balancing competing priorities
If you are creative, innovative, able to coordinate and administer all contract related business whilst having the knowledge and experience in learning and development delivery, this could be the job for you.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume, cover letter and respond to questions as stated in the online application form that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
This role will require a pre-employment health declaration and a national criminal record background check.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11.59pm on Sunday, 9 December 2018.
For further information contact: Divya Stephen, Manager Learning & Development on 02 9246 7205.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 09 Dec 2018
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD 104,985.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
- Work Type: