Community Garden & Volunteer Coord - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Community Garden & Volunteer Coord
Division: CITY SERVICES
Unit: CITY GREENING & LEISURE
Section: PARKS ASSETS & SERVICES
Salary: AUD 93,712.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 - developing a green, global and connected city.
The Community Gardens and Volunteering Coordinator leads the strategic and operational aspects of the City's community garden site's as a centre for sustainable food production, and promotes innovative community programs which focus on building a community that will foster good horticultural growing principles, composting and waste minimisation behaviours, and delivering on the City's Sustainable Sydney 2030 objectives.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications and /or extensive experience in horticulture and/or broad knowledge and experience in community development, engagement, education and environmental/sustainability.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating community greening projects and strategies.
- Experience in developing partnerships with residents, community groups, government agencies and businesses.
- Experience in delivering community education programs such as workshops and presentations to a variety of stakeholders in the community.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please note the "Essential Criteria" Response field in the online application does not require you to respond or upload a document.
This role will require a pre-employment health declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11:59pm on Monday 14 October 2019.
For further information contact: Michael Woolley, Program Manager Park Services on 02 9265 9670.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Oct 2019
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD 93,712.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Parks and Public Space