Executive Assistant - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Division: LEGAL & GOVERNANCE
Unit: LEGAL & GOVERNANCE
Section: LEGAL & GOVERNANCE
Salary: AUD 93,712 per annum plus Superannuation
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 - developing a green, global and connected city.
An exciting opportunity has become available in the role of Executive Assistant to the Director Legal and Governance. In this role you will be responsible for the delivery of high quality, timely and professional executive assistance to enable the efficient and effective operation of the Division and the provision of quality legal, governance and risk services to the organisation. The successful candidate will be efficient, motivated and a committed team player who can ensure effective communication, administration and co-ordination within the Division and with the Executive, Councillors and staff across the organisation.
To be successful you will have:
- strong organisational, effective interpersonal and highly developed communication skills
- experience dealing with people at executive and senior representative level and with confidential communications
- ability to respond to urgent demands and strict deadlines and balance priorities under pressure with efficiency and professionalism
- ability to manage the Director's busy diary and ensure the Director is provided with appropriate meeting papers
- high level computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite and minute taking knowledge
- ability to maintain effective records management processes for correspondence and information requested by Councillors and the Executive
- ability to work autonomously and take responsibility for reoccurring / ad-hoc tasks.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please note the "Essential Criteria Response" field in the online application does not require you to respond or upload a document.
This role will require a national criminal record background check and a pre-employment health declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11.59pm on Sunday, 8 December 2019.
For further information contact: Kirsten Morrin, Director Legal & Governance on 02 9265 9361.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 08 Dec 2019
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD 93,712 per annum plus Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time