Are you passionate about youth and early year’s development, program and services, and creating positive community partnerships to improve your community as a great place to live, work and play?
As the Manager Youth and Family Services you will lead the Youth and Community Partnerships, Maternal and Child Health and Early Childhood service units.
You will lead a number of exciting capital and operational improvement projects throughout the city from concept and design through to completion.
Success to us requires:
- Demonstrated understanding of the economic, political and social issues relating to services delivery on human services in the local government environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation and its application and the interrelationships of all levels of government in this space.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of high performing multi-disciplinary teams and possession of effective leadership competencies.
- Experience in representing organisational interests internally and externally.
- Highly developed communication and problem solving skills.
- Proven record of responsible financial management and corporate governance.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a senior member of a collegial management team.
- Tertiary qualifications, including post graduate qualifications in a related discipline, or relevant work experience at a senior level.
We hope that this will be your next workplace so you can:
- Join a dedicated workforce that is passionate about helping and improving the community.
- Be challenged in a leadership role.
- Have access to ongoing learning and development initiatives.
- Participate in health and wellbeing programs.
- Enjoy a beautiful modern office, and be close to shops, cafes and public transport.
- Enjoy an attractive remuneration package including use of a private vehicle.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via our website or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Allison Beckwith, Director Community Programs on 03 9457 9904 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our website.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: 14 February 2018
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply