Banyule City Council is an award winning organisation that prides itself on a customer-focused culture of innovation, best practice and continuous improvement.
We have two exciting vacancies for a Home Care Team Leader to join us on a temporary basis until June 2020.
You will be part of our Home Support Unit where you will have a diverse range of responsibilities depending on the team/role you are supervising. You will be responsible for leading the staff and managing clients for a particular function in Aged and Disability.
Presently there are multiple geographical/service teams
- Domestic Assistance / Personal Support / Respite - responsible for approximately 1000 clients, supervision of administration staff and approximately 35 Home Support Workers
- Delivered Meals & Property Maintenance - responsible for approximately 250 clients, supervision of administration staff and 14 Support Workers
- Service Intake & Review responsible for the clients entering our service via My Aged Care, allocating yearly reviews and Service Information Visits to other staff, and supervision of contract staff relating to Nursing Services and Reviews.
We work through a role rotation system where you will be able to gain valuable experience in each work area and support the service delivery requirements.
Desirable criteria for you to hit the ground running:
- Relevant qualifications and experience in community aged and/or disability services.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working within the area of Community Aged Care.
- Extensive experience in the preparation of client care plans.
- Experience in conducting Occupational Health and Safety inspections and associated documentation.
- A thorough understanding of wellness and reablement principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team and autonomously.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Current drivers licence
What you can enjoy in your next workplace:
- A beautiful modern office with end of trip facilities, sit to stand desks, close to public transport and shops.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Access mentoring and leadership programs.
- Social Club events.
- Flexible work arrangements and an RDO every 4 weeks.
- Discounted health insurance.
- $81,372 - $88,466 plus super.
If you are someone who is passionate about contributing to a positive work culture, innovative and efficient and has demonstrated leadership skills then would like to hear from you.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via our website or to discuss your suitability, you may contact Val Walsh on 0394579952.
Banyule City Council is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines on our website.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: 26 February 2018