Do you love working outdoors?
Our Parks and Gardens Department is looking for a suitably qualified Sportsfield Tractor Operator to join their Horticultural Services team.
Banyule City has a wealth of open space and parklands including areas of exotic and native vegetation of historical and environmental importance. The department is responsible for the care and development of over 200 parks and reserves 50 sports field, 163 playgrounds, over 75,000 street trees, extensive shared trail networks, as well as plethora of park furniture and assets that enhance the urban landscape and create a more attractive and liveable environment.
In this role you will undertake duties relevant to the care and maintenance of sportsfields, croquet greens and ground surrounds to ensure programmed and requested works are completed to specifications.
To be successful you will have:
- Knowledge of turf management practices and machinery that relate to the maintenance of turf.
- Knowledge in sprinkler system operation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of turf wicket and croquet green preparation.
- Understanding of/or aptitude for maintenance and operation of machinery.
- Light Rigid Drivers’ License.
- Completed White Card Training.
- Experience in performing duties relevant to the maintenance and renovations of sportsfields - top dressing, aeration, over sowing, fertilising.
We are offering:
- Attractive salary $59,413.77 - $68,109.56
- Full time 38 hours per week.
- Access to learning and development opportunities and range a of health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Based at Parks Office, 268-270 Banksia Street, Bellfield 3081.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on Monday 17 September 2018.