Our Leisure and Cultural Services unit has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Arts and Culture Team Leader to join their dynamic, innovative and high performing team.
As the Arts and Culture Team Leader you will:
- Provide strategic and specialised advice on program development, cultural policy, planning and strategy development.
- Plan, co-ordinate and facilitate a range of innovative arts & cultural programs and events, that serve the cultural development of Banyule’s diverse community.
- Have experience leading a multidisciplinary team in the arts and community events.
You will have:
- Experience and ability to lead by example and to motivate and develop team members.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and or extensive experience working in arts, in major events & community cultural development environment.
- Specialist knowledge and experience in managing art and cultural community events.
- Well-developed oral and written comminutions skills including grant writing, report writing and the ability to engage and consult with the community.
- Budgeting skills particularly in relation to project management and annual planning.
We can offer you:
- $92,979.89 to $103,726.22 plus super, and a day off every 4 weeks.
- Professional development opportunities, including coaching programs, leadership training and study assistance for higher education courses.
- Working in our new office in Greensborough close to shops, cafes, and public transport (with a 20% discount in your yearly myki pass).
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via our website - www.banyule.vic.gov.au
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our website.
To discuss your suitability you may contact Nicole Maslin Leisure & Cultural Services Coordinator on 9457 9932 for a confidential conversation.
Applications Close: 11.45pm on Sunday 18 November 2018.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.