- Join a dynamic team who value working with the community
- Accreditation essential
- Casual hours
Banyule City Council is an award-winning organisation that prides itself on a customer-focused culture of innovation, best practice and continuous improvement. Our 1000 plus employees uphold an enviable reputation for customer service and work diligently to maintain high quality services to provide the best possible opportunities and outcomes for the community we represent.
About the role
You will work with a dynamic team to attend immunisations sessions to vaccinate clients ages in the Banyule community. You will be available to work on a causal basis to ensure quality staff coverage at immunisation sessions
- Prepare medical supplies and equipment for each immunisation session
- Assist with the preparation and pack-up of each session
- Advise parents and/or clients on pre and post vaccination care
- Administer required vaccines to client
- Conduct activities in line with councils’ values and the immunisation protocols
To be successful you will need
- Relevant Nursing qualifications and experience (refer to PD for qualifications)
- Knowledge of the Australian Immunisation processes and procedures
- Be available to provide work at Council’s infant and school immunisation sessions
- Demonstrate a flexible and positive approach to changes in session programing
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, organise, make decisions and remain stable under pressure while keeping clients progressing through the immunisation session
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with children and parents
- Ability to demonstrate Council values, work and contribute in a team environment
- Casual work
- Hourly rate range $49.59 to $52.10
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities, including health and wellbeing initiatives
- Supportive and friendly team
Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Karly Maurer Tel: 9457 9947 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Wednesday 28 October 2020.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.