- Join a dynamic, forward thinking team who truly value their people
- Build strong relationships and provide quality executive and administration support
- Permanent full time
About the role
As the Executive Assistant /Project Officer you will provide high level executive and administrative support to the Director and Managers within the Assets & City Services Directorate.
Assets & City Services oversees the operation of Parks and Open Space, Operations, Delivery & Assets; and Major Projects.
Council services include the collection of waste and recyclable materials, maintenance and cleansing of public space, places and buildings, asset management, capital works and inspection and maintenance of parks and open spaces
- Provide direct support for the Director eg appointments, coordinating meetings and provide customer service support for the Directorate
- Review policies, guidelines, systems and processes
- Keep staff informed of changes effecting the Directorate including changes to Council policies and procedures
- Maintain Councillor’s CRM register and coordinate responses to complainants
- Conduct research and coordinate special projects
- Purchase and make payments according to Council’s procurement process
- Co-ordinate and implement projects within the Directorates
You will have
- Extensive experience working in an executive support role or related area relevant to the position
- A good understanding of local government decision making
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide accurate and confidential advice and support to the Executive & Senior Management Teams
- Ability to resolve problems, manage conflict and negotiate successful outcomes
- Experience managing multiple tasks concurrently, meeting deadlines and motivating others
- Demonstrated commitment to our values
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to provide high quality administrative support and customer service
We can offer you:
- Permanent full time plus monthly RDO
- Salary range $86,182.74 to $93,696.04 plus super
- Access to learning and development opportunities and a range of health and well-being initiatives
- Supportive team
- Office in Greensborough close to shops, cafes, and public transport
Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Darren Bennett Director Assets & City Services Tel: 9457 9927 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 5.00pm on: Friday 20 August 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.