- Support Officer to Local Businesses
- Temporary full time
The Economic Development team is primarily responsible for the implementation of Council’s Economic Development Plan, the team deliver strategic insight into the state of the local business sector making recommendation for necessary interventions to strengthen economic outcomes. The team also establishes and influences regional investment outcomes and ensure partnerships are harnessed to ensure optimal sectoral benefit.
As the Economic Development Officer you will:
- Facilitate the economic revitalisation and recovery of Banyule’s retail centres through delivering the State Government’s Covidsafe Outdoor Activation 2021 funding round
- Support business investment and recovery, to stimulate economic activity and increase local jobs
- Proactively assist businesses to locate and expand in Banyule through the delivery of targeted networking, training and development initiatives
- Lead the next phase of Rediscover Local Campaign to encourage visitation from residents within the municipality and neighbouring suburbs.
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, e.g. Economic Development, Strategic Planning, Arts & Culture
- Knowledge and appreciation of the issues facing small business, trader associations and home-based business
- Experience in managing events and/or delivering place activation programs
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines, manage budgets, and work on multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships to influence and negotiate desired outcomes with internal and external stakeholders
Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
- $84,825.51 to $92,220.59 plus super
- Monthly RDO
- Temporary full time January 2022 to July 2022
- Ongoing learning and individual development opportunities, including and health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Supportive team environment
- Flexible work environment
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, contact Fae Ballingall Acting Economic Development Coordinator Tel: 9457 9805 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Thursday 20 January 2022.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.